Old 29-03-2005, 04:05 PM
John van der Pflum

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:37:05 +0100, "Dave S"
wrote:

"John van der Pflum" wrote in message
.. .
Can some please give me a link to a decent needle valve or PH control
unit I can buy? My current CO2 system has the problem of end of tank
dump and it's starting to drive me crazy.

Thanks for the help.

Hi John - Could you explain the term 'tank dump'?
TIA - Dave

What happens is the the pressure in my CO2 tank drops over time
because obviously the CO2 is being released into the water for my
plants. The regulator I have on my tank cannot adequately control the
pressure when it gets too low and will all of the sudden just start
letting all the remaining CO2 into the tank.

The result of that is the PH crashes -- sometimes at or below 5 -- and
my fish get very stressed, needles to say. I have lost a few fish to
this problem.

I know that I could just regularly replace the tank, say, every three
months or so but I wind up forgetting about it. Then I wake up on a
Saturday morning, as I did this past Saturday, and find my fish
swimming upside down. Not a pretty sight. A couple of large water
changes, and a day or so, and the fish are fine.

(Yes, the CO2 tank is turned off. ;-) )