Old 29-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Jim Lewis

Hi all
I have an Alder bonsai & i have a prob with it!
On the instruction sheet i got when purchasing it, it said to soak for 10
minutes up to the surface roots every time the soil feels dry & mist both
morning & night!
I do this & i sprinkle the feed on monthly!. It is by a well lit window,
although it is nearly always open a touch!
The leaves are falling off & it feels rather dry & wispy! can anyone help!
Thanks
Gary

The sheet also should have said that Alnus (alder) are outdoor
trees and will not survive inside.

How long have you had the tree?

Assuming it still isn't below zero (F) at night where you live,
put the tree outside in the sun, but a protected (wind) area.
Don't water until the soil feels dry to the touch -- a tree
without leaves needs very little water.

Hope.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - When we see
land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it
with love and respect - Aldo Leopold - A Sand County Almanac

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++