Old 29-03-2005, 05:22 PM
gary

Cheers
The tree is next to an open window & it is around 5c overnight!,
it gets sun afternoon & more or less has the conditions you say, by having
light & the open window protects it from wind!
Could i have been overwatering it, the soil does feel dry quite often!
Jim Lewis wrote in message
Hi all
I have an Alder bonsai & i have a prob with it!
On the instruction sheet i got when purchasing it, it said to soak for

10
minutes up to the surface roots every time the soil feels dry & mist

both
morning & night!
I do this & i sprinkle the feed on monthly!. It is by a well lit

window,
although it is nearly always open a touch!
The leaves are falling off & it feels rather dry & wispy! can anyone

help!
Thanks
Gary

The sheet also should have said that Alnus (alder) are outdoor
trees and will not survive inside.

How long have you had the tree?

Assuming it still isn't below zero (F) at night where you live,
put the tree outside in the sun, but a protected (wind) area.
Don't water until the soil feels dry to the touch -- a tree
without leaves needs very little water.

Hope.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - When we see
land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it
with love and respect - Aldo Leopold - A Sand County Almanac

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++