Old 29-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Michael Persiano

Gary:

Have you been watering it automatically everyday? If so, it is possible that the tree has acquired root rot disease. However, the Alder generally does well in stagnant water in nature. If the branches are brittle and there is no live tissue beneath the surface of the bark, it could be a goner. Is the tree planted in fast-draining soil?

If this is one of your first trees, do not fret. We all made (and continue to make) mistakes in this art. The goal is to learn from our errors.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob