Old 29-03-2005, 05:18 PM
w.g.s.hamm

"Phil L" wrote in message
I have some exhibition onions grown from seed, they are about 3 inches

high.
I also have a dozen garlic in pots, they are about 8 inches high, all of
them are in the greenhouse up to now.

I am pressed for space in my garden although I have lots of free space in
the greenhouse beds, is it viable to grow onions and/or garlic inside the
greenhouse?

Or if not, is it possible to grow them in a shady spot in the garden?...I
have two 8X4 ft beds outdoors, one gets full sun all day, the other gets
about 3 hours of sunshine about 9:30 - 12:30, is this enough for
onions/garlic or sprouts?
These are the three veg crops I have grown (apart from chillis and

tomatoes)
and I have approx 18 sprouts and onions to transplant....it's going to be

bit cramped I know but I didn't expect them all to germinate!

I have french beans to sow in late May but I have nowhere for them to go

so
either I don't grow them or I will have to use large buckets, is this a

good
idea?

I plant just about eveything in containers of all kinds from old buckets to
stacked car tyres, toilet cisterns, in fact amnything you can fid aound the
place or cheap at the local recycling centre/council tip.