Old 29-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Jim Lewis

Cheers
The tree is next to an open window & it is around 5c overnight!,
it gets sun afternoon & more or less has the conditions you say, by having
light & the open window protects it from wind!
Could i have been overwatering it, the soil does feel dry quite often!

It's the "less" in more or less that is the problem. Indoor air
just is NOT suitable for outdoor trees.

At 5 degrees C the alder should be outdoors 24 hours a day!

But yes you could be overwatering. In nature, alders don't mind
wet feet, but trees in pots are different than trees in the
ground.

Only water when the soil an inch down feels dry.

And I just remembered (I think) that you bought this tree as a
bonsai. If there happen to be rocks covering the soil, you
might consider removing them. Absolutely remove them if they
appear to be glued onto the top of the soil.

Replace the rocks with soil.

Jim Lewis - - This economy is a wholly
owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord Nelson

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++