Old 30-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Dimitrios Kalderis

Default [IBC] Japanese Maple Dissectum Roseo Marginata

Hi all,

Just received this Japanese Maple (a dream come
true)knowing that it will be a struggle to keep it
alive here in Greece, so I would like to ask a few
clarifying questions.

It gets quite hot here in the summer, shade
temperatures in the high 80s - low 90s, so I am not
sure if placing my maple outside will be a good idea.
Outdoor humidity at the moment is about 75%, in the
summer, it is even less. (My area is zone 10 as far as
I know).

Will it survive indoors during the summer, in a
location that receives a good amount of light but not
direct sunshine ?

Will daily misting or a humidity tray be of any help ?

Any suggestions for the summer period will be greatly
appreciated.

Dimitris

http://mail.yahoo.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++