Old 30-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Jim Lewis

Hi all,

Just received this Japanese Maple (a dream come
true)knowing that it will be a struggle to keep it
alive here in Greece,

snip

Will it survive indoors during the summer, in a
location that receives a good amount of light but not
direct sunshine ?

No.

Will daily misting or a humidity tray be of any help ?

Probably not. Constant mist would keep humidity and
temperatures down, but probably would also keep the soil too
soggy. Humidity trays only raise the humidity of the air space
a couple of centimeters off the water surface, so they'd do no
good either.

Any suggestions for the summer period will be greatly
appreciated.

I think you will be extraordinarily luck to keep a dissectum
alive under the conditions I recall from Grecian summers --
though the ones I know are mostly from Rhodos. Dissectum
struggle here in zone 8.

Try early morning sun (perhaps until 10 o'clock) then quite
heavy shade for the rest of the day. If you can establish a
morning sun fern grotto somewhere, that would be the best.
climate

Dimitris

Good luck.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - When we see
land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it
with love and respect - Aldo Leopold - A Sand County Almanac

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++