Old 30-03-2005, 07:51 PM
William Wagner

In article ,
"Jim Johnston" wrote:

Happy Spring, all -

Has anyone tried to move an existing asparagus bed to a new location and
been successful in that venture? If so, do you have any tips & tricks to
share?

We're moving to a new home and I'd love to take my aspargus bed with and
re-establish it in the new location. The bed consists of about 100 crowns
ranging from 3-6 years' maturity.

Thanks ahead of time for any advice you might offer!

Jim

Oh Jim. Perhaps just cut your lose and run with new crowns, New beds
are enough work and digging up the old would seem tedious unless your
variety warrants it. We have Martha Washington in my dadıs garden.
Canıt think of a way out of this. Asparagus is a demanding vegetable
but eating them raw as they show is pure pleasure.

Our bed was double dug and provided with excess nutrients.

You would have to be a tad crazy to transplant.....get help ) to do it!

Bill

--
Zone 5 S Jersey USA Shade garden in a Japanese manner
Vision problems? http://www.ocutech.com/