Old 30-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Reel McKoi

"pixi" wrote in message
I am at my wit's end, if I ever had any at all. Those fantail goldfish

that
I bought a month or so ago that immediately came down with both ick and

fin
rot, even though all of the equuipment was new and never used.

The ick is long gone, but the fin rot keeps coming back. I keep changing
the water and putting in antibiotics. It disappears and then it's back.
Can't understand it.

I used to raise tropical fish and had over 20 tanks. Never had this kind

of
problem.

Can anyone help me?

Are you talking about goldfish in a pond or an aquarium? How many do you
have and how large is the pond/tank? Have you checked for ammonia and
nitrites in the water? This sounds like a water quality problem.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...