Old 30-03-2005, 05:29 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:11:28 -0400, "kc" wrote:

I've been leafing through my Drs Foste and Smith water gardens supply
catalog, and I see a couple things like a pond leaf eater and pond mini vac
that work by attaching to a garden hose...has anyone tried these and do they
work? I've got about a 1,000 gallon pond and I need to get some leaves off
the bottom...
Kirsten

If you have a shop vac (wet/dry) pull the paper filter off and try that
first. You may be amazed. I was when I first tried it with mine. Now I
recommend that over anything else.

The garden hose thing, I've got one, as other said, it will clog
constantly..... assuming it sucks much off the bottom in the first place.
The things with outside netting to catch stuff, can stir up some pretty
toxic water. Shop vacs remove all. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a