Old 30-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Reel McKoi

"WVNebJockey" wrote in message
news:MXB2e.34390$mq2.22706@trnddc08...
I have a pond that is in full sun from daybreak til dark. Last year the
water temps soard to 88F and I lost a lot of fish. The pond is about 8x6
and is approx 18" in depth. What are some ideas on keeping the water
cooler. I'm thinking more depth. btw I live in WVa, so its not like I
live near the equator.

What are some of the tricks that the people down south use?

You didn't mention aeration and filtration. They may be suffocating. To
keep the water cooler in my ponds I use water lilies. They cover part of
the surface. Also put the tall pond plants on the south side of the pond to
help shade the water. Make sure your filter is not clogged and you have
plenty of aeration.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...