Old 30-03-2005, 10:24 PM
DKat

South Korea has over 75% of its population on fast internet connections. We
are one of the few westernized countries that still runs out electric and
communication lines on poles that get knocked down in storms (the Brits
refer to us as that odd country that runs its wires up in the air)... I
really don't get how we can be the wealthiest country in the world and not
have health care for all of our people let alone not have health care for
all of our children add to that not having our infrastructure and education
at least equal if not better than what it is in the rest of the advanced
world.

"Carolyn" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:25:50 -0500, "dkat" wrote:

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
t...
Ross,

You will get some flack about the pic. We aren't supposed to post them
on
the group.

On that note (is anyone still using phone modems?) - t

Sadly, yes. In rural North Carolina we have no choice except Direcway
satellite which is notoriously awful to deal with!!