Old 30-03-2005, 10:27 PM
pied piper

"Edward Martin" wrote in message
Last year my lawn changed colour from a lovely green to a straw colour,
for no apparant reason. I fed it regularly but to no avail.

Over the winter its been growing, albeit slowly, and the new growth is
green. Having cut the grass last weekend its removed all the new growth
and therefore also all the green, and left me with a lawn thats distictly
straw like in colour, bar a couple of green patches.

I've also got small patches of 'baldness' whereby no grass is growing at
all, dotted around the lawn. Last year I sowed some new grass seeds, but
probably left it too late in the year - September time I think it was. I
think the patches have appeared where I've used weed killer.

My lawn is tiny, but currently unsightly.

Any suggestions how I can bring it back to life and revive the greenness
and deal with the 'bald' patches ?

As you can probably tell, I'm not much of a gardener but very willing to
learn.

Many thanks

you cut too much off at once thus putting the plant under stress gradually
bring your height down spike scarify and feed if no rain about during the
summer keep well watered.