Old 31-03-2005, 03:51 AM
Gene Schurg

Chris,

I have two of these. When I purchased it originally and repotted it, the
plant broke in half. One half I have tied to a piece of cork bark. The
other half I have potted in a 4 inch clay pot with cocohusk and aliflor.
This is the third winter I've had the plants and for the first time both are
beginning to spike.

Like you described there are spikes emerging about half way up the
pseudobulbs.

The potted plant has 3 or 4 spikes and the mounted plant has one so far.
The mounted plant dried out a lot more than the potted one. The mounted one
is about a month behind the potted one.

I'm excited to see it bloom.

Good Growing,
Gene

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
link.net...
Den. aggregatum (now known as lindleyi) typically blooms in early spring
(around now) after a winter dry rest. Most people that I know (including

me)
grow this mounted on cork or tree fern, since it has an unruly habit and
does that little "staircase" number. A friend has one that completely

covers
its slab, all the way around.

Sounds like you have a spike.

Diana