Old 31-03-2005, 02:19 PM
CanadianCowboy

Water Lilies (even fake ones) provide cover for fish and they will go
under them when it gets hot and sunny. If you don't want plants in your
pond put them outside around the pond.

I have a similar size pond and plants and spitters and a waterfall does
the trick.

WVNebJockey wrote:
I have a pond that is in full sun from daybreak til dark. Last year the
water temps soard to 88F and I lost a lot of fish. The pond is about 8x6
and is approx 18" in depth. What are some ideas on keeping the water
cooler. I'm thinking more depth. btw I live in WVa, so its not like I
live near the equator.

What are some of the tricks that the people down south use?