Old 31-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Derek Broughton

DKat wrote:

South Korea has over 75% of its population on fast internet connections.
We are one of the few westernized countries that still runs out electric
and communication lines on poles that get knocked down in storms (the
Brits
refer to us as that odd country that runs its wires up in the air)... I

Really? Most of North America still has it's power and communication lines
on poles. It really isn't feasible to bury them in countries the size of
ours.

"Carolyn" wrote in message

Sadly, yes. In rural North Carolina we have no choice except Direcway
satellite which is notoriously awful to deal with!!

Yeah, but how much do you really need to deal with them? I've been on
DirecWay for two years now and I've had to deal with tech support twice,
and customer support never (admittedly, our reseller is much better at tech
support then the stories I hear from Hughes' customers).
--
derek