Old 31-03-2005, 07:51 PM
JennyC

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Tumbleweed wrote:
"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
JennyC wrote:
Sorry about this, but I have not signed up for the German
newsfeeder, and want to check whether this one works as
well......... Jenny
snipped

You're lucky, or maybe don't so often use the heavier-traffic
newsgroups: it chokes every so often on busy groups (I've never had
it do so on urg), and displays a fictitious error message instead of
posting. Yesterday, it wouldn't download at all for a period; this is
less frequent, though.
Mike.

I've capitulated and signed up. I've never had any trouble with the DFNN server
which I've been using for years and years. maybe it will be quieter if not
everyone pays up :~)
Jenny