Old 01-04-2005, 03:01 AM
Rick

Default Spring cleaning the pond

Do all you longtime ponders do a spring cleaning in your pond and if yes how
do you do it.. I have just made it thru my first winter with my 1200 gal
pond and everything seems OK. My three Koi and 6 gold fish are looking
good. I started to feed the fish this week and the pump is back on.

I do have a thick layer of algae on the liner, rocks and plants. I am
worried that it will stun the growth of my plants that are showing signs of
live. I got the old pondbrush out and scrubbed a spot. Didn't get far,
thought stuff.

I also have some small gravel in the bottom, is this a good idea or not? It
seams to collect sediment and you really can't see the gravel anymore.

Thank you for your help.