Old 31-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Nick Gray

"Dave Poole" wrote in message
Pam Moore wrote:

I would like to know what variety of Morning Glory is pictured here...
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pam...bum?.dir=/6958
assuming the photo works. I've not tried this before.

Pam this is the 'Blue Dawn Flower' - Ipomoea indica (formerly I.
learii), which is a rampant perennial in sub-tropical and tropical
regions. It is almost invariably propagated from cuttings that strike
with very great ease. In a lightly heated greenhouse it goes berserk

snipped
Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.
Growing season: March - November

Hi Dave,

The Morning Glory photo that Pam linked to has ivy shaped leaves rather than
the heart shaped leaves of Ipomoea indica - so wouldn't this make it Ipomoea
hederacea (Ivyleaf Morning Glory)?

Cheers

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk