Old 01-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Katra

In article ,
"Tony" wrote:

Its swisschard.
"jan" wrote in message
I am hoping someone knows of a local source for perpetual spinach seeds.
I have always had to order them as cannot find anyone in Austin and
surrounding areas that sell them. Would like to save the cost of shipping
and buy local. any help would be appreciated.
JAN
267-7574

Hmmmmmm... never heard of chard being called that!
Learn something new every day!

For anyone that wants to grow it and wants to "cheat",
The nursery on Manchaca ("It's about Thyme") has them in 4" pots and
they are the Bright Lights variety of rainbow chard. I bought a few and
they are doing very well!

I bought red chard in 4" pots from them last fall that lasted the winter
and 6 plants are giving me one meal per week for 2 people.

Gods I love chard!!!

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada