Old 01-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Nick Gray wrote:
"Dave Poole" wrote in message
.. .

Pam this is the 'Blue Dawn Flower' - Ipomoea indica (formerly I.
learii), which is a rampant perennial in sub-tropical and tropical
regions. It is almost invariably propagated from cuttings that strike
with very great ease. In a lightly heated greenhouse it goes berserk

The Morning Glory photo that Pam linked to has ivy shaped leaves rather than
the heart shaped leaves of Ipomoea indica - so wouldn't this make it Ipomoea
hederacea (Ivyleaf Morning Glory)?

Well, my I. indica has ivy shaped leaves. The young ones are often
heart-shaped, but the older ones are not. There is a good Web page:

http://protist.i.hosei.ac.jp/Asagao/...atives/03.html

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.