Old 01-04-2005, 02:56 PM
GFRfan

Kyle Boatright wrote:
"GFRfan" wrote in message
news:X823e.126155$Ze3.92349@attbi_s51...

All I want to know is how you kill this crappy, green 3 months out of the
year, brown 9 months, grass.

Roundup works well. What part of the country are you in? Here (Atlanta),
Zoysia is green from April through most of November.

KB

Iowa. Neighbor plugged some years ago and now it's all over the
neighborhood. Good looking grass when it's active but not good for this
zone. I had considered just cutting it as sod and reseeding with
rye-bluegrass mix but not sure how to get rid of the sod afterwards.
I guess I'll just wait till the middle of May and roundup the crap then
try to get some cool weather grass to start. Probably look pretty bad
till fall when I can do an effective seeding.