Old 01-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Dave Gower

Default transplanting sedums

After years of looking for groundcover plants that work here in my dry,
sunny, sandy Eastern Ontario landscape, I finally discovered sedums last
year. Wonderful! So great that this year I am going to do some serious
transplanting of cuttings from my original bed to landscape around a rock
garden which I had built just before freezeup last fall.

At the moment of course the sedums are just newly emerged from the snow and
still dormant, although very healthy looking, with quite a bit of last
fall's colour. So my question is, do I need to wait until they get new
growth, or can I go ahead and transplant cuttings as soon as I get the soil
prepared to receive them?