Old 01-04-2005, 07:28 PM
ZoeM ZoeM is offline
Registered User

Question Newbie Question: Planting out Echinops

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the board. I live in the South East (London suburbs) and have a very enclosed patio and front garden (my Crassula stays out there during the winter and survives!). I don't have a greenhouse however.

In the past few weeks, I've tried sowing seed for the first time - and now have lots of seed trays in my tiny flat. All is going (fairly) well - except I'm running out of space!

My Globe Thistles seem to be doing well - thay all have two 'real' leaves. But I've lost the packet with the instructions. Does anyone know when I can plant them out? From recall - I think it's April. I've given them some little outings onto the patio when it's been warm - and they seem OK. They're taking up quite a lot of room! (I am thinking of investing in a small cold frame)

Also - I've had mildew on the soil of the lobelia and salvia seedlings. I repotted them today and sprayed with fungicide. Does anyone have any tips on keeping this yucky stuff away?!!

Many thanks

Zoe