Old 01-04-2005, 08:11 PM
John

Ross, I got them yesterday afternoon and they look fantastic in my tank! And
yes they are long...most are longer than the 29 gal they went into. They'll
look great in the 125 as soon as I get it setup. Thank You!
On 2005-04-01, Margolis wrote:
anacharis is a cold water plant. You can grow it in high temps, and when
it
does grow it grows well. But it likes to 'melt' at tropical temps also.
Overall I wouldn't recommend it.

My tank runs about 82 deg F at this point: I must disagree.

I just trimmed the Anacharis out of my tank to pass on
the clippings. I pulled probably thirty stems out, most of which were
2-3 feet long! Two people on the group will be able to attest to that
when their plants show up this week ::-)

In my experience, temperature has never made a difference to my plants.
Granted, I don't mess with it - all my tank are tropical, 72-82 deg F.
But sufficient light, CO2, and fertilization are always what makes it
work.

--
Ross Vandegrift

man in the bonds of Hell."