Old 01-04-2005, 04:32 PM
madgardener

sedums are forgiving. If your ground is workable, transplant them. I have
Frosty Morn, a small start of Purple Emperor, Matrona, Green Lights,
Raspberry, all sorts of varieties as well as Blue Spruce, Kamchatecum (sp?)
sempervivums (hens and chicks) in 28 varieties, Oreostachys, the list is
endless! I'll hunt around for a source, as sedums don't mind cold as long
as it's fast draining and sunny (some Oreostachys love shady)
madgardener
"Dave Gower" wrote in message
After years of looking for groundcover plants that work here in my dry,
sunny, sandy Eastern Ontario landscape, I finally discovered sedums last
year. Wonderful! So great that this year I am going to do some serious
transplanting of cuttings from my original bed to landscape around a rock
garden which I had built just before freezeup last fall.

At the moment of course the sedums are just newly emerged from the snow

and
still dormant, although very healthy looking, with quite a bit of last
fall's colour. So my question is, do I need to wait until they get new
growth, or can I go ahead and transplant cuttings as soon as I get the

soil
prepared to receive them?