Old 01-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Derek Broughton

DKat wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message

I have never been able to understand that argument (that we are too big to
be able to have the same quality of roads, infrastructure, etc. as
Europe).
What does size have to do with it?

It's very simple. Long distance electrical transmission loses a
considerable amount of power. Air is, however, a good insulator. Long
distance electrical transmission through buried conduits loses a lot more
power.

We also have more money and resources
than they do. If you look at it on a state by state basis you can hardly
say the Delaware is larger than the Netherlands (~5000sqKM vs ~40000sqKM).

I can't say for sure, but I suspect the population density, even in Delaware
is lower than in the Netherlands, so you're still losing more power to
deliver to each person.
--
derek