Old 01-04-2005, 04:47 PM
teeno

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 15:30:28 +0000, ~Roy~ wrote:

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:11:59 +0100, teeno
wrote:

===Hi people wonder if anyone can help me i have had a pond in my garden for
===about 3 years now and everything has been runing lovely until i just
===notice that 2 of my gold fish have scales missing and also one of them has
===a block spot on it, apart from this the goldfish are alert feeding well
===and acting normal for goldfish. the pond is 6ft by 5ft and just over 3
===feet deep, i have changed the filter and the water is clear, what action
===should i be takin with this?

Clear water is not necessarily a sign of "good" water. What is
parameters of your water? Black spots and marks occuring on a goldfish
is usually a sign of water quality being off and a build up of ammonia
and or nitrates etc........

Ok i will test the water and see what that comes up with and will do a
water cycle if needed thanx