Old 01-04-2005, 04:11 PM
teeno

Default Goldfish loosing scales (pond)

Hi people wonder if anyone can help me i have had a pond in my garden for
about 3 years now and everything has been runing lovely until i just
notice that 2 of my gold fish have scales missing and also one of them has
a block spot on it, apart from this the goldfish are alert feeding well
and acting normal for goldfish. the pond is 6ft by 5ft and just over 3
feet deep, i have changed the filter and the water is clear, what action
should i be takin with this?
Old 01-04-2005, 04:30 PM
~Roy~

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:11:59 +0100, teeno
wrote:

===Hi people wonder if anyone can help me i have had a pond in my garden for
===about 3 years now and everything has been runing lovely until i just
===notice that 2 of my gold fish have scales missing and also one of them has
===a block spot on it, apart from this the goldfish are alert feeding well
===and acting normal for goldfish. the pond is 6ft by 5ft and just over 3
===feet deep, i have changed the filter and the water is clear, what action
===should i be takin with this?

Clear water is not necessarily a sign of "good" water. What is
parameters of your water? Black spots and marks occuring on a goldfish
is usually a sign of water quality being off and a build up of ammonia
and or nitrates etc........

Old 01-04-2005, 04:47 PM
teeno

wrote:

===Hi people wonder if anyone can help me i have had a pond in my garden for
===about 3 years now and everything has been runing lovely until i just
===notice that 2 of my gold fish have scales missing and also one of them has
===a block spot on it, apart from this the goldfish are alert feeding well
===and acting normal for goldfish. the pond is 6ft by 5ft and just over 3
===feet deep, i have changed the filter and the water is clear, what action
===should i be takin with this?

Clear water is not necessarily a sign of "good" water. What is
parameters of your water? Black spots and marks occuring on a goldfish
is usually a sign of water quality being off and a build up of ammonia
and or nitrates etc........

Ok i will test the water and see what that comes up with and will do a
water cycle if needed thanx

Swollen, protruding scales? Heather Ponds 15 16-09-2004 04:49 PM
Goldfish scales Glenn Lynn Ponds 2 21-05-2004 04:20 PM
Suicidal koi survives...can it grow new scales? Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 13 17-07-2003 06:08 AM
[IBC] scales (was:Killing little white spiders?) Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 15 31-01-2003 10:58 PM
[IBC] **** [IBC] scales (was:Killing little white spiders?) Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 31-01-2003 04:43 PM