Old 02-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Hal

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 15:37:19 GMT, "dan2626_verizon_news"
wrote:

Be careful with the dunks...they also kill caterpillars and butterflies.

For what varieties of butterfly would that be a problem? If you make
a mud pie for butterflies you wouldn't want to get any BT in that. I
raise gulf fritillary and black swallowtails and hopefully a few
Monarch larvae this year, but I never see a butterfly watering at my
pond. They seem to prefer nectaring the lantana. I do have an
occasional moth cat with a triangle on it's face eating my parrot
feather and I don't care much for him. The goldfish can't reach him
and he just eats and disappears, unless I treat him with dunks, then
he doesn't eat much before disappearing.

Regards,

Hal