Old 03-04-2005, 01:44 AM
Elaine T

Angrie.Woman wrote:
"Ross Vandegrift" wrote in message

On 2005-04-01, Margolis wrote:

anacharis is a cold water plant. You can grow it in high temps, and when
it
does grow it grows well. But it likes to 'melt' at tropical temps also.
Overall I wouldn't recommend it.

My tank runs about 82 deg F at this point: I must disagree.

I just trimmed the Anacharis out of my tank to pass on
the clippings. I pulled probably thirty stems out, most of which were
2-3 feet long! Two people on the group will be able to attest to that
when their plants show up this week ::-)

Yes, I will attest to that! Thank you very much for the plants - very nice
weeds. I can't imagine how your tank must have looked, considering there
was at least twice that amount in your tank.

Note to other parents: the plastic containers that single- serve pudding and
jello comes in make good plant containers.

What is this plant? http://www.indyattic.com/pics/plant.jpg Some of it
was tucked in the bag, so I planted it too.

Thanks again!
Angie

That's water sprite, an aquatic fern. Ceratopteris thalictroides. If
it likes your tank, it grows fast and gets quite tall. It puts out new
leaves all the time, and the old ones die off, sprouting baby plants at
the leaf margins. You can grow it either rooted or floating. What you
have is the rooted form.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__