Old 03-04-2005, 12:31 AM
Phil L

Sacha wrote:
:: On 2/4/05 15:07, in article
:: , "ken cohen"
:: wrote:
::
::: I read somewhere that it's best to soak and rinse grass seed over
::: a period of days (I forget how long for), the idea being that
::: you get the seed to sprout a bit before you sow, and this
::: apparently keeps the birds off it, and promotes rapid rooting and
::: growth.
:::
:: My husband's method is to sow grass seed in a bag of compost and
:: loosely roll over the edge of the bag. Naturally, you will choose
:: the quantity of compost/seed according to your needs.
:: Once the seed has germinated, scatter it where needed. That's it.
:: He was taught this many years ago by ye olde gardner and has
:: taught it to many others. It seems never to fail.

I can't fathom what your talking about...sow the seed into the bag? - and
then roll what over the bag?...what's being acheived here?

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004