Old 03-04-2005, 04:52 AM
Charles Woolever

Yes, that is one suggestion that I even brought up in my original post.

But, if you have pages and pages of notes on birds or flowers or
whatever you saw, it can be difficult to find a note on when you last
saw something or even if you did.

People use these pre-printed books because it can be easy to look
something up. Wondered when you last saw a particular orchid? Flip
through to the orchids and there on one of the 4-5 lines that were
provided next to each flower is when and where you saw it.

After 10 years, you'll need a whole day just to read through all your
handwritten notes if you just kept a journal.

Nothing wrong with journals. I keep some but keeping track of some
things is much easier now with some of these books and computer programs
that are available.

Charles

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 4/1/05 4:18 PM, in article
, "Charles
Woolever" wrote:

More like this.

It has each bird with a place to note when and where you saw a bird.

So I was looking for something similar for wildflowers.

How about a notebook and a pencil???