Old 03-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Duncan Heenan

"SH" wrote in message
I live in Hampshire and the garden is in a frost pocket. I have an 8ft
high olive tree planted in a sunny sheltered position but keep it wrapped
up during the winter. I've uncovered most of it but do you think I can
remove the rest of its protection yet please?

Can't answer this, but I'm interested to know the answer, because I am about
to plant 2 olives on the Isle of Wight. Though we get only mild frosts, we
do get some. I thought olives were able to take mild frosts. How do the ones
in Mediterranean mountain areas get on, where they do get some frosts and
are not protected?