Old 03-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Shelly Hurd

Scooter,

Both Jim and Marty's advice is good, I too learned long ago that for me the
joy of bonsai is more in the --doing-- than anything else. Yes, I enjoy
going out and looking at the tree's I worked on for years and telling myself
that finally they're bonsai, but I've also got quite a few I had for years
that are still dogs, and not surprisingly I get great joy from them too.

Peter Chen's Bonsai Master Class is a very good book (IMHO) and our own Herb
Gustafson has several, The Bonsai Workshop comes immediately to mind.

When you learn to be at peace with what you're working on, and can see in
your mind where it's going in the future, you'll be making great strides in
the joy of bonsai.

Regards,
Shelly Hurd - Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9