Old 03-04-2005, 07:59 PM
JennyC

"Robert E A Harvey" wrote in message
Chris French and Helen Johnson wrote:
and entries from the comparison shopping sites and the like.

They are becoming a pain, coming up with some way to filter these out
would be very useful. It's not so much the comparison sites as the ones
that are basically just pages of links related to your search term that
pee me off.

I've written to Google about this several times in recent years, but had
no sensible response. I think that thier search ranking method
(counting links from other sites) is sensitive to being dominated by
this sort of thing, and since it was thier great innovation they are
reluctant to tinker with it.

I was discussing how google works with a friend...... how do they search
nowadays?
It used to be the amount of links one had to ones site, but I have the feeling
that they might have changed their 'formula'

Sorry if this is a bit OT but there are lots of computer buffs hanging about
round here who might know the answer "~)
Jenny