Old 04-04-2005, 02:19 AM
DaveSurfer

sorry for all the posts!!

Just wondering, with only one bulb covering a 21.5 X 13.75' surface...would
that cover enough surface area? I've made a canopy a while back with two
bulbs centered in the aquarium and the plants would all bend towards it.
Right now I have made a canopy that uses three fluorescents evenly spaced
across the aquarium surface and it gives a nice balance.

"DaveSurfer" wrote in message
Also looking at just a single 1X65W CF unit at BigAls
http://www.bigalsonline.ca/catalog/p...5&pcid 1=1843
???

"DaveSurfer" wrote in message
Does anyone have a chart or a comparison from standard fluorescent watts
per gallon to compact fluorescents? I'm looking at lighting a 30 gallon
tank with 2 x 55W CF from AH Supply. I think that might be a bit over
kill being 3.7WPG. There are also 2 x 36W.

Thanks!!

Dave.