Old 04-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

We made one in Miami from black poly pipe on the roof of the house. Lots of
sun. Used the pool pump to circulate the water up and down so there was
only friction pressure. Kept the pool nice and warm. However, I don't know
that you have enough sun except in the summer. I doubt you would have
enough in the winter, when you would want the pond heated. We have also
made them from old refrigerator cooling coils from the back of old units.
Don't know of any specially made for ponds.

Jim

"mostyn30" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as solar heaters for a ponds

if
so where can I get one from in the UK.
Mostyn