Old 04-04-2005, 12:54 AM
mostyn30

Default Solar Heater

Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as solar heaters for a ponds if
so where can I get one from in the UK.
Mostyn

Old 04-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

We made one in Miami from black poly pipe on the roof of the house. Lots of
sun. Used the pool pump to circulate the water up and down so there was
only friction pressure. Kept the pool nice and warm. However, I don't know
that you have enough sun except in the summer. I doubt you would have
enough in the winter, when you would want the pond heated. We have also
made them from old refrigerator cooling coils from the back of old units.
Don't know of any specially made for ponds.

Jim

Old 05-04-2005, 12:55 AM
RichToyBox

Google Solar pool heaters. My local pond supplier has a solar unit, which
looks like the ones for swimming pools. Has a manifold on each end, and
small diameter tubes connecting the manifold. Hers is PE plastic. Can be
used to heat the pond, by running it only during times of sunshine, or cool
the pond during hours of darkness. She set hers up with a small pump, but I
am afraid that if the pump doesn't have a pretty good mechanical filter, the
small tubes could become clogged.
--
RichToyBox

"mostyn30" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as solar heaters for a ponds
if so where can I get one from in the UK.
Mostyn

Anyone use a space heater in home for warm growing orchids? Elpaninaro Orchids 8 10-03-2003 04:44 AM
Buddy Heater TRAINMAN9 Orchids 5 24-02-2003 07:58 PM
Tank heater on a timer w/ lights? Dave Millman Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-02-2003 07:13 PM