Old 04-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Reel McKoi

"Yabbadoo" wrote in message
Thank you Kathy and Reel McKoi.
Being man-made rather than artificial pond, I'd rather not have frogs

(which
are numerous, anyway). Quite like toads, so am happy to leave their eggs

mature. However, will the toad tadpoles become "live" food for the fish
(alternatively, will they poison the fish?)

Before we netted the ponds the frogs and toads would lay their eggs on any
plant material present. I never saw a tadpole where there were koi. Before
we got koi I would see them. I don't believe the goldfish ate them - but
the koi sure did. None were poisoned as far as I know.

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...