Old 04-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Chas Hurst

"GFRfan" wrote in message
news:8og4e.135768$r55.76913@attbi_s52...
Chas Hurst wrote:
"Timothy" wrote in message
news:1112590461.96368312edd53ef3cb8679aaee3c01bc@t eranews...

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:53:18 -0400, Chas Hurst wrote:

Contact your neighbors and petition your local g'ment. Your local

g'ment
made the laws restricting your use of fire arms without regard to
consequences. Hold your elected officials responsible. Make lotsa of
noise. As suggested by others get a dog.
A nearby friend erected an electric fence, at considerable expense in
money and labor, that works perfectly. Or use the plastic mesh that
discourages deer from nibbling on your shrubs.
Personnally, I am considering a dog as the most effective way to keep

deer

outa my yard.

In fear of sounding like some tree huggin' liberal, that's just crazy
talk. There are reasons that local goverments have discharge laws inside
the city limits. High powered rifels can be very dangerous in the wrong

or
inexperienced hands. Almost all counties in the usa have discharge laws
also. No fired bullets can cross a road for instance. So have you taken
your own advice and repealed your city's hunting/discharge laws...?

I haven't advised to repeal any laws. Nor have I suggested the use of
firearms to control deer.
Please re-read my post or take a remedial course in reading

comprehension.
You actually sound more like a jerk than a tree hugger.

Then what did you mean by, "Contact your neighbors and petition your
local g'ment. Your local g'mentmade the laws restricting your use of
fire arms without regard to consequences. Hold your elected officials
responsible."?
What was he supposed to petition them to do?

Control the deer population. You're as thick as the other jerk.