Old 03-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Chas Hurst

Default deer problem

Contact your neighbors and petition your local g'ment. Your local g'ment
made the laws restricting your use of fire arms without regard to
consequences. Hold your elected officials responsible. Make lotsa of noise.
As suggested by others get a dog.
A nearby friend erected an electric fence, at considerable expense in money
and labor, that works perfectly. Or use the plastic mesh that discourages
deer from nibbling on your shrubs.
Personnally, I am considering a dog as the most effective way to keep deer
outa my yard.

Old 04-04-2005, 05:54 AM
Timothy

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:53:18 -0400, Chas Hurst wrote:

Contact your neighbors and petition your local g'ment. Your local g'ment
made the laws restricting your use of fire arms without regard to
consequences. Hold your elected officials responsible. Make lotsa of
noise. As suggested by others get a dog.
A nearby friend erected an electric fence, at considerable expense in
money and labor, that works perfectly. Or use the plastic mesh that
discourages deer from nibbling on your shrubs.
Personnally, I am considering a dog as the most effective way to keep deer
outa my yard.

In fear of sounding like some tree huggin' liberal, that's just crazy
talk. There are reasons that local goverments have discharge laws inside
the city limits. High powered rifels can be very dangerous in the wrong or
inexperienced hands. Almost all counties in the usa have discharge laws
also. No fired bullets can cross a road for instance. So have you taken
your own advice and repealed your city's hunting/discharge laws...?

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com
Old 04-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Chas Hurst

"Timothy" wrote in message
news:1112590461.96368312edd53ef3cb8679aaee3c01bc@t eranews...
[...]

I haven't advised to repeal any laws. Nor have I suggested the use of
firearms to control deer.
Please re-read my post or take a remedial course in reading comprehension.
You actually sound more like a jerk than a tree hugger.

Old 04-04-2005, 08:16 PM
GFRfan

Chas Hurst wrote:
"Timothy" wrote in message
[...]

Then what did you mean by, "Contact your neighbors and petition your
local g'ment. Your local g'mentmade the laws restricting your use of
fire arms without regard to consequences. Hold your elected officials
responsible."?
What was he supposed to petition them to do?
Old 04-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Chas Hurst

"GFRfan" wrote in message
Chas Hurst wrote:
"Timothy" wrote in message
[...]

Control the deer population. You're as thick as the other jerk.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:17 AM
GFRfan

Chas Hurst wrote:

"Timothy" wrote in message
[...]

Wow. Aren't you the touchy jackass. Your the one that stated that he
should petition local gov't because they are restricting use of
firearms, as he is inside of the city limits.
Of course the deer population should be controlled but that doesn't help
the guy who is inside the city limits.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Rosscoe

"GFRfan" wrote in message

Chas Hurst wrote:

"Timothy" wrote in message
[...]

The word is ARCHERY. When done properly from an elevated position, there is
no chance for a stray arrow to hit people. There are lots of bowhunters in
your neighborhood who would love to have the opportunity to hunt on your
property. Contact your local game warden for more details.

Rosscoe

Old 07-04-2005, 12:39 PM
William W. Plummer

Chas Hurst wrote:

"Timothy" wrote in message
[...]

When does your state permit bow-and-arrow deer hunting?
Old 07-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Rosscoe

"William W. Plummer" wrote in message

Chas Hurst wrote:

"Timothy" wrote in message
[...]

The actual hunting season runs from September (early season) through the
first Saturday in January. Having said that, you can get damage permits
from the game warden to kill deer on your property all year long. This is
how it works in Virginia and I imagine that most states have similar
laws....I know that Ohio does as well.
Rosscoe

Old 08-04-2005, 02:17 AM
Kline

"Rosscoe" wrote

The actual hunting season runs from September (early season) through the
first Saturday in January. Having said that, you can get damage permits
from the game warden to kill deer on your property all year long. This is
how it works in Virginia and I imagine that most states have similar
laws....I know that Ohio does as well.
Rosscoe

Our (Ohio) kill permit is only good for 5 deer, then you must have the
warden back out to assess any further damage b/4 another kill permit is
issued. We got a permit last year, and I think someone told the deer, no
rubs on trees or damage to the vegetation after the permit was issued.

re (spray) Deer Problem Srgnt Billko Lawns 5 08-04-2005 03:01 AM
Deer Problem Winston Smith Lawns 15 04-04-2005 08:29 PM
Are Deer a Problem in Your Area? Jeff Napier Gardening 0 16-07-2003 06:04 AM
RFI: Sprinkler for deer problem? Andyd Texas 3 25-04-2003 07:08 PM
Deer fence kayk Gardening 17 31-03-2003 11:08 PM