Old 05-04-2005, 03:01 AM
William W. Plummer

Srgnt Billko wrote:

"Rolling Thunder" wrote in message

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 14:51:09 GMT, "Winston Smith"
wrote:

How can I keep the deer from destroying my landscape? Are there any

methods

known to man that will keep them out of my plants? Are there some nice
looking plants that they will not eat? Any rational ideas would be

greatly

appreciated. Thanks!

Go to your local barbershop and collect the hair and spread it around
the yard. There are sprays that you can put on plants that will give
a bad taste. I think these last for about 4 weeks and then have to be
redone. Hair would do the trick though.

Thunder

Not in my experience it didn't work - and neither did the "Deer Off" spray -
or the scented soap - or the elephant and lion shit I actually got from a
traveling circus.

A friend recommended a spray, something like "Deer Away", but not "Deer
Off". It seemed to work at the end of last year but it certainly had
warn off a few days ago. There were 8 deer in the back yard and one
was chowing down on an expensive rhododendron.

This morning brought a dozen wild turkeys. The males were fanning
their tails and I think the females were smiling. At least they don't
seem to eat anything.