Old 05-04-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Help! Mold!

Hi, newbie here. Hope this is the right place to ask. :-)

We have a large plant that we've had for about 8 years. Currently it's
about 4 feet in height, and planted in a large tub in our living room.

A few weeks ago, I mentioned to hubby that the soil seemed low, so he
bought a bag and filled it up (about 3 inches).

This afternoon, I walked by, looked down, and gak! There is a film of
mold across the surface of the soil.

There isn't mold on any of our other plants, and the climate here is
extremely dry.

I'm a gardening dunderhead, but we've managed to keep the plants going
with weekly watering and a spike once in a while over the years.

But mold....never dealt with mold. Any advice?

Thanks so much!

Best regards,

Ana
http://*******ette.blogspot.com/