Old 05-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Phisherman

On 4 Apr 2005 15:03:57 -0700, "retiredprof55"
wrote:

We are considering using recycled tire mulch in our walkways in our
organic garden. Although the companies claim that it is non-toxic, we
are still concerned about chemicals leaching into the soil. Has anyone
come across studies on this either pro or con? Thanks.

SB

Unlike most mulches tires won't provide any nutrients. Bark chunks,
sawdust, or gravel look more natural in a "organic" garden. Tires
contain sulfur compounds which might leach into your garden--not sure
if that's a good thing.