Old 05-04-2005, 03:04 AM
timorous barghest

"retiredprof55" wrote:

We are considering using recycled tire mulch in our walkways in our
organic garden. Although the companies claim that it is non-toxic, we
are still concerned about chemicals leaching into the soil. Has anyone
come across studies on this either pro or con? Thanks.

I would not use it. Read what our own Paghat had to say about it and
I think you'll decide you do not want it:

http://www.paghat.com/rubbermulch.html

You can find plenty more both pro and con using Google, but frankly
most of the pro that I have found seems to be from people selling it.
*shrugs*

--

pull the weeds to email me: