Old 05-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Jim Carlock

I'd guess you'd get Sunflower Seed on the Cob, heh?

--
Jim Carlock
Please post replies to newsgroup.

"JandK23" wrote:
I heard it from a friend at work here in Idaho who use to farm for a living.
When she told me, I scratched my head in disbelief. Others did some
scratchin' too when I asked them about it.

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
"JandK23" wrote:

I have heard that Corn and Sunflower will Cross-Pollinate. Have any of
you
ever heard of such? Thanks in advance for your emails to
.

Kevin

I don't think that is possible...
AFAIK, unrelated genera cannot cross-pollinate. Only species in the same
genus, and sometimes not even then.

One is a monocot, the other is a dicot. They are not even in the same
family.

Where did you hear this?

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train
the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada