Old 02-04-2005, 04:54 PM
JandK23

Default Cross-pollinate Corn Sunflower

I have heard that Corn and Sunflower will Cross-Pollinate. Have any of you
ever heard of such? Thanks in advance for your emails to
.

Kevin

Old 02-04-2005, 11:50 PM
extincted

Impossible
"JandK23" wrote in message
I have heard that Corn and Sunflower will Cross-Pollinate. Have any of

you
ever heard of such? Thanks in advance for your emails to
.

Kevin

News==----
Newsgroups

=----

Old 03-04-2005, 12:49 AM
BOB

Katra wrote:
In article ,
"JandK23" wrote:

I have heard that Corn and Sunflower will Cross-Pollinate. Have
any
of you ever heard of such? Thanks in advance for your emails to
.

Kevin

I don't think that is possible...
AFAIK, unrelated genera cannot cross-pollinate. Only species in the
same genus, and sometimes not even then.

One is a monocot, the other is a dicot. They are not even in the
same
family.

Where did you hear this?

K.

Heard it yesterday, maybe?

BOB

Old 04-04-2005, 04:06 AM
JandK23

I heard it from a friend at work here in Idaho who use to farm for a living.
When she told me, I scratched my head in disbelief. Others did some
scratchin' too when I asked them about it.

"Katra" wrote in message

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train
the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada

Old 04-04-2005, 04:07 AM
JandK23

Well, looks like my corn will be getting a nice view of some big ol' flowers
then. Thanks to all.

Kevin

Old 04-04-2005, 08:51 AM
China

G'day JandK23,

It wasn't April 1st when she told you was it ?

China
Wingham
NSW
065

Old 05-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Jim Carlock

I'd guess you'd get Sunflower Seed on the Cob, heh?

--
Jim Carlock
Please post replies to newsgroup.

"JandK23" wrote:
I heard it from a friend at work here in Idaho who use to farm for a living.
When she told me, I scratched my head in disbelief. Others did some
scratchin' too when I asked them about it.

Old 05-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 00:18:56 GMT, "Jim Carlock"
wrote:

I'd guess you'd get Sunflower Seed on the Cob, heh?

No, no, no...you'd get corn flowers!

Penelope, corn and sunflowers *must* cross pollinate, because
cornflowers grow wild around here.

Old 14-04-2005, 04:26 AM
Steve

extincted wrote: