Old 05-04-2005, 12:11 PM
JustJo JustJo is offline
Registered User

If I reseed now will they survive frost if it comes back?

Thanks

JustJo wrote:
Hi

I have recently moved in a new house that has been empty for a while
and the previous owners totally aused the garden. It's full of
brambles, weeds and the lawn is a mess.

It's really patchy, is full of dandilion type weeds, looks like someone
lit a fire on it at some stage, had sand on it ...a real mess.

I have got rid of the litter, rocks and sand and let it green up and
grow as much as I can bear and this weekend I mowed it for the first
time.

It's looking a lot better but it really is full of weeds. I started to
dig them up but it's making the lawn look even more patchy.

Is "feed and weed" the answer. Is it best to feel the pain - dig all
the weeds out and let it repair it's self?

Returfing is out of the question really as we are on a tight budget and
the lawn is a big area, but I want it looking half decent (I'm not
bothered about perfection) so my young daughter can play out there when
the sun comes back.

Any advice would be great.

[/quote]